3 eBook Novellas Coming Soon

As we posted on Twitter last week, ABC are stepping up their Castle book release with the announcement of MORE new Castle books!

As expected there’s another Nikki Heat novel on the way and we assume there’ll also be another graphic novel with the success of Deadly Storm last year and it’s debut on the New York Times Bestseller list but now Castle fans will also get to enjoy a series of eBook novellas.

These new eBooks will be based on Richard Castle’s best selling Derrick Storm series and will be released during the hiatus after the end of season 4 in May.

There will be 3 books coming, the first of which is titled “A Brewing Storm” which will be released in May and the following two will be released in July and August.

Mr. Castle said of the eBook deal, “While consulting with the NYPD on a recent case, I was inspired to re-examine the circumstances around the death of my beloved character Derrick Storm. It turns out, there was much more to the story than met the eye. I’m excited to be working with Hyperion to bring Derrick Storm fans a brand new adventure of mystery, action and intrigue.” — via ABC

The books will be published by Hyperion.

Pre-Order Now

Derick Storm #1

Derrick Storm #2

Derrick Storm #3

Comments

1. Just one more sign that there will be a season 5.

2. Hey, wonderful, something to help get through four months without a new Castle episode.

3. Admin said

I’m probably the only one on the planet that doesn’t know, but what is a “novella”? The Readers Digest version of a novel … never mind, I just Googled it (it’s probably my age but Googling isn’t my first response). According to the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America it’s a fiction story of 17,500 to 40,000 words. I could wish for novels, but I’ll buy Novella’s too.

Even more good news. Ratings up, beating SMASH head to head, more books coming – this is good. This is very good.

4. I wonder if they’ll bring it up in the show.  Though… It would seem a lil awkward now that we know Sophia was a bad guy.

5. i figure they will, they always find a way to mention the new books

6. RickNotCastle says:

Admin said

Castle mentioned in the show this week that they are doing more Derrick Storm graphic novels. So that is definitely coming… maybe next Fall during the beginning of season 5. smile

I am curious about this novella idea. Does this mean they will be releasing novellas that are supposed to represent the Derrick Storm novels that already exist in the Castle Universe? Or are these going to be something new that the actual Castle character will develop beyond what already exists for Derrick Storm?

7. wish4always says:

Are the books and these novella’s a way of leading us a “bread crumb” trail? Foreshadowing clues if you will.

Heat Rises and The Derrick Storm graphic novel seemed to have story lines that follow a very similar path. Or is this coincidence?

I am thinking specifically of the Clara Strike/Sophia story line. If this was just a book, it is awfully coincidental some of what happens. Did the book or the episode come first? Did AWM know this would be coming down the line when the books were published, and this was a teaser? I just find the parallels a bit too close to not be coincidental. Yes, I realise it is Castle’s imagination, but still. Get’s you wondering what “clues” the novella’s will hold.

8. castlefan87 says:

I’m probably the only person on this forum who doesn’t own a kindle. I hope they will decide to release the novellas in book form. Call me old fashion but I feel you shouldn’t have to always have a electronic device in your hand. Sometimes It’s nice to just curl up with a book. I really hope they will not leave fans out who don’t own kindles or i-pad’s. Excited about new Nikki heat book and the graphic novel. Glad castle gets more promotion

9. I don’t own a Kindle either, and won’t be getting one because I simply don’t have time to sit down and read :(

10. Admin said

I’ve never been a big reader, but now that I went and got myself a Kindle last week I’ve been reading like crazy.  It’s really convient and I can’t wait to take it to Hawaii

11. ITA Alie.  I got a Kindle last year and I now read soooooo much more than I ever did.  I still buy “real” books of authors I love (ie. Castlepoketongue) but it’s crazy how much easier it is to access/read more books with an ereader.

Looking forward to these novellas – since the show started I’ve always been curious about the Storm stuff so I think it’s pretty cool that we’re getting more info on it.

12. Det. Castle says:

More from Castle, more from Castle, more from Castlerun

Yes, definitively the best news of the day for megrin

13. aussiecastlefan says:

Yeah!run

14. I also don’t own an e-reader. Or a tablet pc or a smartphone. Not even a laptop or flatscreen tv. But I have a DVR wink I’ve tried all those things and sent them back. Will buy them when my kid gets older and when I need to keep up to date with the newest stuff so that I know what she’s doing.

I love the Nikki Heat books but won’t buy the Derrick Storm things, I didn’t like the comic that much and I will never ever read anything with a certain CIA agent in it. Yuck. In my head that will always be Sophia Turner. But I think there are some Storm books without Clara Strike.

15. skyisblue1 says:

evesix said

I agree. For favourite authors I like to have both versions – “e” and “Real”. But for travelling especially “e”books are the – best thing ever. And those clever Apple people with their kindle app, which is very handy because the content differs.

Like waldkind I’m wondering how I will go reading a novella with Clara included. Maybe they will start with a story she’s not in, get me hooked and then I won’t be able to stop. Yes I hope they do that.

16. You can pre-order all three on Amazon

Derrick Storm #2

Derrick Storm #3

17. Just pre-ordered them.  I wish they came out earlier than July 3rd.  I’m going to be in Hawaii b/t Jun 25-Jul 6.

18. castlefan87 said

I don’t have a Kindle either, but my wife and I both have Nooks. We still buy some paper books – but when the nook-book is cheaper, or we want the next one in a series “Right Now”, it shows up on the Nook.

I make time to read. I made time to read while I was working 12 hours a day 6 days a week, but I didn’t have time for TV in those days. Reading was more important to me. Retired, I have time for TV.

19. Just pre-ordered them on amazon.co.uk as they are cheaper there.

20. Just so you all know, you can download Kindle reading apps from Amazon and read straight from your PC, MAC, iPhone, Blackberry, etc., and read the Kindle version of any book, including Brewing Storm.  It also includes a Dictionary, and has optional reading in German, French, Italian, and Spanish for those who’s native tongue is not English thumbsup

Go here:

21. sonnenschein77 says:

@FillKat: Thank you so much for this info! grin Hadn`t seen that yet.