Castle Cast & Crew Party to Celebrate 100 Episodes!

Castle began filming back in August of 2008. The original pilot was filmed in New York but after the series was picked up by ABC production was moved to Los Angeles where they built a new set and began re-filming parts of the pilot. Today the precinct set became a place of celebration as members of the Castle cast and crew crammed in to celebrate filming of the 1ooth episode with cake and bubbly.

We asked Terri Miller (writer of episode 100) how she and husband/Castle Creator Andrew Marlowe feel about it and she replied, “Having a show that gets on the air is amazing… having a show on the air for 100 episodes is a miracle. We are so lucky and so appreciative of our cast and crew.”

Thanks to “On The Red Carpet” for the videos.

Castle 100th Episode Cake

Messages and photos started appearing on Twitter from members of the crew happy to celebrate the show’s success. Natalie Abrams of TV Guide who was there for the celebration shared on twitter posting “I appreciate you all,” @NathanFillion says to the #Castle cast and crew.

Castle 100th Episode Celebration Castle 100th Episode Celebration Castle 100th Episode Celebration Castle 100th Episode Celebration Castle 100th Episode Celebration Castle 100th Episode Celebration Castle 100th Episode Celebration BEJbkU1CYAAP5vC.jpg large BEJh5aACYAEqw_8.jpg large BEJcn-6CYAAQXln.jpg large BEJdbXTCIAAC_tq.jpg large BEJd-KNCUAIllRP.jpg large BEJefopCAAITHuv.jpg large BEJe3xyCUAAtHXa.jpg large BEJbaLYCAAEFaNG.jpg large Castle 100th Episode Celebration Castle 100th Episode Celebration Castle 100th Episode Celebration Castle 100th Episode Celebration

BEJam0ICUAAk-X0.jpg large

Photo Credits: @TONYonTV, @JennyCooney, @LauinLA, @verducci_j, @lilangelk8, @Steppyb1313, @RedCarpetLuke, @Castlegrip, @Venice4Change, @AndrewBikichky, @lizbeth4beauty

Comments

1. Which episode is 100?

2. 19, The one that Andrew Marlowe & Terri Miller are writing

3. #Castle – I never imagined a TV Series would be such an integral part of my life since its inception. Yet here we are celebrating its 100th episode! Like Rick Castle says, there is always a story & suffice it to say Castle has been intertwined with my life story. Thank you to a wonderful cast & crew. Forgive those who try to claim ownership to your hearts & soul – they are moved by loving all of you as family.
    Continued success to all & my eternal gratitude. A very special thanks to Rob Duncan – like my kids would say – YOU ROCK! ;)
    :) May all your dreams come true. DOUBLE RAINBOWS & KEEP BELIEVING IN MAGIC – ALWAYS :)

4. What a wonderful achievement for them all. Not many actors and shows get to the 100 episode mark. Glad they had a great party!

5. Congratulations to the cast and crew!! Best show on tv. You guys are wonderful and I love the show. Let’s make it to 150!!

6. So proud of Castle crew and cast! and all people who’s behind the show. Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful show like Castle. I hope that Castle will continue with many seasons..I think that Castle has really strong fan base and thats matters. Castle changed my life. CONGRATS to 100TH EPISODES!

7. castle_fan16 says:

im so grateful to be a fan of the most amazing show on tv

thankyou to all the cast and crew for making these past 4 years a whole lot better!!!

8. Such a great accomplishment, so congrats to the cast and the crew. Hearing this news is even better because this means we are getting closer to seeing this episode. Hopefully it’s one of the best episodes that they have made.

9. Awesome pics. Looks like they all had wonderful time. I couldn’t be there, but, I’ll still lift a glass and say “to at least 100 more!”

10. castle_fan16 says:

94Softail said

ill clink my glass to that cheers!!

11. Thanks for putting these all together Admin!  So happy for this wonderful cast and crew on this amazing milestone.

12. So many congratulations, all well earned. What else could I possibly say to the cast and crew of Castle? Thinking….this could take a minute.
    Do the great writers have this problem–Andrew? Terri? (my cat is making kissing noises at me) I am not sucking up! If I was sucking up I would have made a b-line right to Nathan (don’t judge me–I’m a lonely woman). Don’t listen to him. There’s no audio so you can’t hear the cat can you? Ooops. Silly me. This is just embarrassing…maybe I’ll try again later. (Dobby makes crazy gesture in the background.)

13. ParticipateAndAnnoy says:

I’m really curious why ABC’s Castle website didn’t mention about it. It should be huge news. I am also disappointed that the ABC’s does not use the potential of the Richard Castle (played by Nathan Fillion) as a geek brand. His Facebook profile and Twitter account should be full of great geek content. Every geek should start the day reading them. ABC you can do better! ;)

14. Castle… always! Forever! <3

15. Graham Forbes says:

Thank you all – the cast, writers and crew of Castle plus all people of the other people who are behind this fantastic show. Thank you so much for creating such a show like Castle and the impact this has so many people [fan's]. I hope that Castle will many more seasons. Well done in reaching the to 100TH EPISODES! – Here’s to the 150TH and I hope 200th episode

16. Thank you all – the cast, writers and crew of Castle plus all of the other people who are behind this fantastic show. Thank you so much for creating such a show like Castle and the impact this has so many people [fan's]. I hope that Castle will many more seasons. Well done in reaching the to 100th episodes !
    – Here’s to the 150th and I hope 200th episode

17. The problem with putting geek content on their fiacebook etc is a. they’d have to pay someone to do it and b. not all castle fans are geeks.

ABC did post about the 100th party on the official twitter account and given the episode doesn’t air till April there’s still plenty of time for them to mark the occasion. The press interviews that were done yesterday won’t be released until the ep airs in April so I’m sure that’s when we’ll hear more from ABC too.

Edit: Wait.. are you saying ABC should have control of NATHAN’s twitter content?? Also, Nathan doesn’t have a Facebook page

18. meisi12 says:

Congrats! May you continue to change nd better pple’s lives across the globe. We appreciate your hard work nd long hrs spent to create this fantastic show for your viewers nd fans. CASTLESTRONG – South Africa

19. wish4always says:

The only omission from this party was you, Admin.

You have done more to raise awareness of this phenomenal show than any other sites I know of.

CONGRATULATIONS to the cast and crew of Castle. This is testament that when you have a passion for what you do, you can achieve wondrous results. They have passion in bucket loads.
    The fans especially deserve a pat on the back. You are all truly extraordinary. bow

20. wish4always said
    The only omission from this party was you, Admin.

Agreed. Thanks Admin for having a great site where it is a pleasure to participate.

21. ParticipateAndAnnoy says:

@Admin:

Admin, do you suggest that ABC can’t afford to hire one social media ninja? ;)

No, I didn’t mean that at all. I was thinking only about official Richard Castle Facebook and Twitter accounts. I know that “Castle” is not a geek TV series and not all “Castle” fans are geeks. But, Richard Castle is a geek. Furthermore “Castle” writers uses geek and pop-culture themes writing episodes (i.e. vampires, zombies, ghosts, steampunk, comic-cons, fairy tales, con and spy movies, “X-Files” and Indiana Jones, reality TV shows, soap operas, beauty pageants, etc.).

So, if ABC took the trouble and using books and comics created in real life Richard Castle brand why not go step further and use him a little bit more in social media. Castle could easily promote “Castle” other ABC’s programs. Besides he could write about non hard-core geek stuff and pop-culture. It would be in his character. It costs less then TV ad campaign and with good execution it would be really nice digital marketing case. I see it as a huge missed opportunity.

22. musiclover says:

Thank you Admin for all you do on the site and twitter and with the mobile apps. Back on topic I love all the pics of the party, have y’all seen Stanas header?

23. Toronto says:

Amen to Admin and all the fans (as a somewhat late arrival, if it weren’t for the fans there wouldn’t be anything here now!)

24. Charlie says:

I’ve had many shows over the last 50 plus years of my life I’ve considered my favorite but never one like this that has drawn me in emotionally. Believe it or not I only stumbled across Castle this year on TNT (not much of a network TV watcher) but in no more then an episode or two I couldn’t stop watching (I’ve ordered the DVDs of Seasons 1 – 4). The interaction between Rick and Kate is amazing but every member of the cast adds to this. What can I say amazing actiing, production, direction and of course writing. Of course like most mem watching this show I almost immediately fell for Kate and wished I was Rick, ah but we can all dream.

Congratulations on 100 episodes and personal thank you for a lot of happy hours watching your show.

25. ParticipateAndAnnoy said
    @Admin:

Admin, do you suggest that ABC can’t afford to hire one social media ninja? ;)

I”m suggesting that they have a budget, and that they have more valuable things to tweet about than other people’s products, You need to remember, ABC doesn’t just have Castle to worry about and they’re not about to spend money on something that won’t really add to their bottom line. I just don’t see how them promoting geek products is going to help them in any way.

Also, this is kind of off topic for this discussion so would be best moved to a new topic if you wish to continue discussing it :)

26. wish4always said
    The only omission from this party was you, Admin.

It would have been nice to be there! But I’m not sure it’s my place, all things considered, at the end of the day I’m just a fan and don’t contribute to creating the show.

That said, I DID really want one of those glasses! I almost asked if they could give me one but then decided that was a bit rude LOL

27. ParticipateAndAnnoy says:

@Admin:

There is no need to do that. :) I just liked what ABC did promoting “Lost” and I would loved to see the same quality execution with “Castle”. But I understand why they don’t do it.

OK., let’s back to the topic. “Castle” has come a long way since its release: from mid-season replacement which twice escaped cancellation to the best ABC’s TV series. :) Huge props for whole “Castle” crew and to you Admin. It’s one of the nicest message boards I visited.

28. Not sure where you get “twice escaped cancellation” from, unless it’s from a misguided campaign by a fan some time back, but Castle has actually never been in danger of cancellation :)

Edit: sorry ParticipateAndAnnoy, It may sound like I’m just trying to disagree with everything you said, but I’m really not :) I just have bad memories of that fan campaign because unfortunately, though it was well intentioned, it did more damage than good

29. Congratulations to the cast and crew! I appreciate all of your hard work! Castle is by far my favorite show!!!!

30. ParticipateAndAnnoy says:

No offence taken. Message boards are made to discuss different topics from the different point of views. I read somewhere that ABC wanted to cancel “Castle” after first and second season and fans saved it twice. Even if this isn’t true, but it would be much better story, still “Castle” had hell of a ride since march of 2009. :)

31. Little interview time with Nathan and then with Stana regarding the 100 ep milestone at the 4:44 mark:

32. ParticipateAndAnnoy said

Like I said, that campaign did more harm than good, people refused to watch Castle because they didn’t want to bother watching a show that was going to get cancelled anyway, and the leader of the movement even had the gall to tell people working on the show that “obviously they don’t watch the ratings because the show IS in trouble” when someone from the show said that Castle is NOT in trouble. I mean, seriously!? Why would you tell someone who works on the show that they obviously don’t watch the ratings. When an uneducated teenage fan starts telling everyone a show’s in trouble and causes panic and people to not tune in, and then on top of that telling the people that create that show that they don’t know how to do their job … that’s never a good thing.

Did fans play a part in Castle being renewed? Of course! And they do every year, but that applies to all shows that rely on people watching to stay on air.

Like I said, the person behind that campaign had good intentions, she just went about it the wrong way and repeatedly ignored pleas from people who create the show to stop being negative because it was doing harm.

33. Just dicovered Castle this January – My wife and I both love it, and to think, we have about 90 episodes to catch up with. Thank you ABC and TNT for great escape TV.

34. youcomingcastle says:

It is said that when one door closes another door opens. The door had been closed on my happiness and laughter for a few years now and then along came Castle which opened another door for me and gave me a gift that is priceless and can’t be measured in monetary terms…..a renewed happiness and a wonderful feeling of being able to laugh again (without guilt). There is now music and laughter and happiness in my home now all because of a love story that hasn’t been easy between the 2 protagonists. How can you not feel good about the uplifting way Castle has helped Castledom fans in so many ways.

Thank you Andrew Marlowe and all your Castle family in front and behind the camera.

Thank you for the journey so far……………………………. oxox