Castle Syndication News – Castle Thursdays Are Coming!

In June last year Castle was sold intosyndication for the first time. TNT picked up the series and on September 1, 2011 they aired a 7 hour Castle marathon featuring episodes from the first three seasons. We’ve known for some time TNT were planning to begin airing Castle on a regular basis but until now we weren’t sure when that was going to happen.

We can now reveal that starting Thursday, June 7, 2012, TNT will air repeats of Castle season 1 and 2 every Thursday night back-to-back at 9pm and 10pm starting with the the pilot episode “Flowers For Your Grave”.  This is the perfect opportunity to catch up on the series and encourage new people to discover it for the first time!

People will also be able to watch Castle via TNT’s TV online viewing options including mobile phones, tablets, computers and other devices starting in June.

In other syndication news, Castle has been syndicated to air on weekends this fall on broadcast networks the country! We’ll bring you more information as it becomes available.

Thanks to Sitcoms Online for the lead on this news

Comments

1. Anitasubtext says:

Yeah syndication! Come on ABC announce that renewal!

2. run

3. Hey FillKat, i join you in the syndication dance !

runrun

See, we are 2 now !!

Now, we want the renewal announcement !!! Please, Please bow

4. runrunrun

5. The Enemy of Fear says:

Maybe TNT will pick it up if ABC does not.

6. musiclover says:

That would be interesting but I think we will defiently get a season 5 on abc. It’s just a matter of how soon we hear the news. Anyway this is awesome news too bad it’s not every day though. Oh well that’s what the DVDs are for smile

7. There’s no way ABC hasn’t already decided to renew Castle smile

8. Admin said There’s no way ABC hasn’t already decided to renew Castle smile

I support this message. grin

9. grapes said

Admin said There’s no way ABC hasn’t already decided to renew Castle smile

I support this message. grin

As do I. I’m expecting ABC to announce the renewals all at once.

10. iluvcastle23 says:

thiss madee my daay!!!:D

11. connieluvscastle says:

Great!! I don’t have cable,so I can’t watch the syndication of Castle. Why can’t they put it on regular mondays at 10pm instead of cable? So like me the ones who don’t or can’t afford cable miss out?? That’s not fair to other die hard Castle fans. So when are we going to find out bout Season 5??

• racheygirl says:

If you were really a die hard Castle fan, you would already have all of the seasons on DVD and watch them each once a day :)

• noo… if you’re a REALLY die hard fan you already have all the seasons on DVD and watch them once a day and watch them every time they’re on TV ANYWAY just because you can’t help yourself ;)

• lilmaclean says:

already do that !!!! Yea Castle come on ABC renew for season 5 already its stupid if you dont!

• iluvcastle23 says:

i havve everything but season 4:( caannnt waaiiit

12. connieluvscastle said

Just because they are running episodes on TNT doesn’t mean they won’t rerun season 4 episodes on ABC. It’s a good thing to get your show in syndication because that’s not only expose, but also $$$ for the show

13. The good news is (which is mentioned in the article) in addition to being syndicated on TNT there’s info coming soon about a syndication deal which will see Castle repeats broadcast on weekends (late nights) on broadcast networks smile

14. Trueheart says:

This is wonderful news. Let’s all tell our friends to get with the program and join in our OCD.

15. It’s sad TNT is not available in Canada… I would love to be able to get a weekly fix of Castle during summer

16. Christ said

Don’t think that would be possible since the show is produced by ABC

They will be avalible only/mobile some you might see it that way. ABC may also air reruns of season 4 over the summer.

17. Admin said

noo… if you’re a REALLY die hard fan you already have all the seasons on DVD and watch them once a day and watch them every time they’re on TV ANYWAY just because you can’t help yourself http://castletv.net/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/winky.gif

Yeah, work’s been a tad slow so I’ve definitely been revisiting season 1 and 2. I love watching season 1 eps. They were such babies. I highly suggest people find a way to rewatch “Rise” before “Always”. It’s crazy to see how things have changed over the last 21 episodes.

18. The Enemy of Fear said Maybe TNT will pick it up if ABC does not.

Admin said There’s no way ABC hasn’t already decided to renew Castle smile

TNT doesn’t have “major network” money, so I doubt that. However, this syndication deal is cool & promising. I hope you’re right Admin.

19. Akagi said

The Enemy of Fear said Maybe TNT will pick it up if ABC does not.

Admin said There’s no way ABC hasn’t already decided to renew Castle /wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/smile.gif

I’m with Admin. Why would they invest all this time and effort into releasing a 4th Nikki Heat, Derrick Storm novellas, another Derrick Storm comic book, a board game, and trading cards if they didn’t think the show would be renewed. I think all the shows on ABC pretty much know if they are going to be renewed or cancelled. Shoot, Terri tweeted a pic of Andrew sitting in Castle’s office “brainstorming” for season 5. It was obviously just playing around with the set, but I’d guess he’s already got an outline started for next season.

20. Alie said

I understand what you and others are saying but it’s not the first time (and it certainly won’t be the last instance) that a network has made a monumentally stupid decision. That said, it’s highly unlikely ABC won’t renew Castle.

21. Yay! This is wonderful news for so many reasons. 1) CASTLE! 2) Thursday TV is an Arctic Wasteland 3) Thursday nights I have the house to myself so I get remote control CONTROL! 4) I have the DVDs, but I want to see them on the 52″ TV and our DVR sucks. 5) nearly life size Nathan Fillion! etc, etc.

22. henry baker says:

when is the official renewal of castle, we have been kept waiting longing hoping for the best crime drama to continue, i have series 1&2 on dvd already as i am in the uk i love castle especially stana katic shes awesome but the drama musttttttt go on, far too many get dumped after a short stint.

• We’re still waiting to hear, nobody is worried though, it’s just a matter of time before it’s announced.

23. Sorry Stana! I wish you the best birthday ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a good one!!!!!! Sorry, I forgot to mention it in my last message!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!! Good jab and making the best show ever!!!!!!!

24. Admin said

I read online somewhere that ABC won’t be making their official renewal announcement until May 15th.

25. I’ve been telling people for a couple of weeks now that the decision will probably be announced at the ABC upfronts. There’s still no certainty about that though, it’s just speculation

26. The Pirate's Paw says:

BRAVO in Canada airs Castle eppies on Sunday night, 8pm EST. Usually the previous Sunday’s show but maybe we’ll see some Season 1 and 2 over the summer?

27. tsquared322 says:

What happened? According to my guide, there is no Castle this Thursday on TNT or ever for as far as my guide goes. When will TNT air Castle?

28. Yeah, for some reason that hasn’t been revealed TNT has delayed the start of Castle.. at least we have repeats on ABC to keep us going for a while – there’s details on the schedule page, that’s always the most up to date place to find schedule info and we’ll update with the new TNT schedule too as soon as it’s available.

29. tsquared322 says:

Thanks Admin!

30. mutha_nite says:

I checked on TNT’s official site and read that they plan a Castle Marathon the weekend before the Season V premier, both by way of introducing Castle to TNT and to support ABC’s Fall schedule.  Nothing was said about a contractual agreement, but I suspect so.  No Castle on TNT this summer – wait until September.  They purchased the rights and can schedule it when they want.  This summer, they are premiering their own original series and may be holding Castle in reserve – all scheduling is subject to change, as we all know.  This would be a bitter pill if we didn’t already have so many other ways of getting our “fix.” Chin up, folks.  It’s another avenue of promotion for our obsession – A lot of people who never watch network tv will finally watch Castle which should earn a larger following on ABC as more people fall under the spell.  Stay tuned.  popcorn

31. You got a link because I watch TNT’s website closely and I’ve not seen them mention anything on the official site

32. mutha_nite says:

Admin said

blush Ooh! ‘Min:  My bad.  I wasn’t paying attention and found my info on ABC’s site -

abc.go.com/shows/castle/tnt-marathon/

Nothing yet on TNT.  Lost control of my Google.  Hate when that happens.  headslap

33. I can’t get that link to work, neither can anyone else I asked. Can you copy/paste the content into an email for me?

Edit: Using google cache I was able to view the page. Sorry to disappoint you but that’s a really old article referring to a marathon that was aired on TNT leading up to season FOUR, not five.

34. mutha_nite says:

A-w-w-ww-, ****. (Useful Anglo-Saxon expletive deleted).  It was top of list. Is most current info – bowsorry, gang.

35. top of what list?

36. mutha_nite says:

Admin said
    top of what list?

google page.  I know – check the dates anyway.  I used search string “TNT schedule Castle”  -  Probably could have refined and paid attention.  Or just waited for you to do the footwork.  You do an excellent job and have to give you props for that.  just trying to be helpful. bounce

37. Thanks to docvap who questioned TNT on Twitter, it seems Castle is slated to start on TNT in the fall:

@tntweknowdrama When will ‪#Castle‬ start airing on TNT? Hopefully soon, I am really looking forward to it!

9 Jul TNT We Know Drama TNT We Know Drama ‏@tntweknowdrama