The first, best, most accurate and only Castle fan site that allows you to interact with the Castle cast & crew

Episode 6:06 Pre Episode Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Episode 6:06 Pre Episode Discussion
Read the original blog post
October 15, 2013
2:19 pm
Admin
Admin
Forum Posts: 6463

Original Air Date: October 28, 2013

Writer: Christine Roum

Director: Holly Dale

Summary: Castle and Beckett investigate the bizarre murder of a young woman who was found ritually posed. When the team finds a collection of strange symbols in her apartment and the prime suspect turns out to be a mysterious monk, Castle becomes convinced they've stumbled onto a "Da Vinci Code" style conspiracy. Meanwhile, Castle tries to come to grips with the fact that Alexis and Pi have moved in together.

Discussion: Episode 6 Discussion

Executive Producers

• Andrew W. Marlowe
  • Rob Bowman
  • Armyan Bernstein
  • David Amann

Main Cast

• Nathan Fillion – Rick Castle
  • Stana Katic -Detective Kate Beckett
  • Jon Huertas – Detective Javier Esposito
  • Seamus Dever – Detective Kevin Ryan
  • Molly C. Quinn – Alexis Castle
  • Susan Sullivan – Martha Rodgers
  • Tamala Jones – Lanie Parish
  • Penny Johnson Jerald – Captain Victoria Gates

Guest Cast

• Myko Olivier – Pi
  • Pamela Shaddock – Marcella
  • Aaron Craven – Henry Collins
  • James MacDonald – Benjamin Wade.

Images

Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (12) Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (11) Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (10) Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (9) Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (8) Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (7) Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (6) Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (5) Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (4) Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (3) Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (2) Get a Clue - Copyright ABC inc (1)

Site Administrator
October 15, 2013
6:10 pm
oznute
In a little corner of paradise - NSW Australia
Hard Core Castle Groupie
Forum Posts: 960

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ke…..71728.aspx

Keck's Exclusives First Look: Castle's Little Girl Moves Out
Oct 7, 2013 09:31 AM ET
by William Keck

Myko Olivier, Molly Quinn and Nathan Fillion
Rick Castle (Nathan Fillion) faces an emotional milestone on the Oct. 28 episode of ABC's Castle when his daughter, Alexis (Molly Quinn), moves out of his loft and into her own apartment — with her boyfriend, Pi (Myko Olivier). "Castle does not respond well at all," says Quinn. "He's angry about it because he knows how [he himself has treated] women, but he's not the kind of parent who can say no."

With Alexis and Pi sharing a futon, the implication is that little Alexis — gasp! — has lost her virginity. Quinn refuses to let her mind go there. "I'm still pretending that's not the case, but it is the reality," she says. "I've heard that a romantic scene may be coming up."

Castle's nest won't be empty for long. An episode set to air around Christmas will find Castle and Beckett (Stana Katic) taking in the orphaned baby of a murder victim. "It will be interesting to see Beckett and Castle exploring how they would parent a child,"says Katic. "It's going to be so sweet!"

image.jpg

If it is to be, it is up to me!
October 15, 2013
6:21 pm
oznute
Hard Core Castle Groupie

Also
http://www.hngn.com/articles/1…..d-will.htm

Castle Season 6 Spoilers: Alexis and Pi Move Out; Find Out How Castle Will Respond

By Robert Christie r.christie@hngn.com | Oct 07, 2013 03:32 PM EDT

Nathan Fillion and Molly Quinn as Richard and Alexis Castle on ABC's "Castle" (Photo : Facebook)
Castle’s little girl may be growing up too fast for his liking.

Alexis (Molly Quinn) is going to be moving into her own apartment with Pi (Myko Oliver), according to TVGuide.com.

As many fans can guess, Castle isn’t going to immediately throw them a housewarming party.

"Castle does not respond well at all," Quinn tells TVGuide. "He's angry about it because he knows how [he himself has treated] women, but he's not the kind of parent who can say no."

Besides the fact that no one wants to see their little girl leave the nest at such a young age, there are a couple other reasons Castle may be opposed to this idea.

The first is that he simply isn’t a Pi fan. In addition to Pi’s executive decision to simply stay at the Castle residence, he also made papya steak. What’s a papaya steak? (No seriously, if you know please comment below and explain.)

The second reason is that the last time he let Alexis make a major life decision, like going to Paris, someone tried to kidnap her and sell her into slavery. Let’s hope she fares better with this decision. (From me…this is wrong – obviously not a true fan writing this!)

While Alexis may be brining herself and Pi closer together, there’s a chance she could be tearing Castle and Beckett apart,

Quinn recently told EOnline she thinks there’s a possibility the impending nuptials may not be so impending—and it may all be because of her character.

My take….Molly has been known in the past for her red-herrings regarding the Castle/beckett relationship so a grain of salt may be necessary. However, it does look as thought things with Pi will dealt with, although not maybe like we may have hoped.

October 16, 2013
1:38 am
StrongerThantheStorm
Jersey Shore
Hard Core Castle Groupie
Forum Posts: 201

oznute said
Also
http://www.hngn.com/articles/1…..d-will.htm

Castle Season 6 Spoilers: Alexis and Pi Move Out; Find Out How Castle Will Respond

By Robert Christie r.christie@hngn.com | Oct 07, 2013 03:32 PM EDT

Nathan Fillion and Molly Quinn as Richard and Alexis Castle on ABC's "Castle" (Photo : Facebook)
Castle’s little girl may be growing up too fast for his liking.

Alexis (Molly Quinn) is going to be moving into her own apartment with Pi (Myko Oliver), according to TVGuide.com.

As many fans can guess, Castle isn’t going to immediately throw them a housewarming party.

"Castle does not respond well at all," Quinn tells TVGuide. "He's angry about it because he knows how [he himself has treated] women, but he's not the kind of parent who can say no."

Besides the fact that no one wants to see their little girl leave the nest at such a young age, there are a couple other reasons Castle may be opposed to this idea.

The first is that he simply isn’t a Pi fan. In addition to Pi’s executive decision to simply stay at the Castle residence, he also made papya steak. What’s a papaya steak? (No seriously, if you know please comment below and explain.)

The second reason is that the last time he let Alexis make a major life decision, like going to Paris, someone tried to kidnap her and sell her into slavery. Let’s hope she fares better with this decision. (From me…this is wrong – obviously not a true fan writing this!)

While Alexis may be brining herself and Pi closer together, there’s a chance she could be tearing Castle and Beckett apart,

Quinn recently told EOnline she thinks there’s a possibility the impending nuptials may not be so impending—and it may all be because of her character.

My take….Molly has been known in the past for her red-herrings regarding the Castle/beckett relationship so a grain of salt may be necessary. However, it does look as thought things with Pi will dealt with, although not maybe like we may have hoped.

Agree with oznute, this blurb was not written by a Castle watcher, much less a fan. Anyone knows Alexis did not go to Paris of her own volition.

4castle-4.jpg            Stanatic Caskett Shipper who actually saw Firefly & Castle episodes when they originally aired.

c. taken by me March 2000, Barnegat Inlet & Barnegat Lighthouse from IBSP NJ. Fox is NOT photo shopped.

October 16, 2013
1:52 am
StrongerThantheStorm
Jersey Shore
Hard Core Castle Groupie

oznute said

by William Keck

Rick Castle (Nathan Fillion) faces an emotional milestone on the Oct. 28 episode of ABC's Castle when his daughter, Alexis (Molly Quinn), moves out of his loft and into her own apartment — with her boyfriend, Pi (Myko Olivier). "Castle does not respond well at all," says Quinn. "He's angry about it because he knows how [he himself has treated] women, but he's not the kind of parent who can say no."

With Alexis and Pi sharing a futon, the implication is that little Alexis — gasp! — has lost her virginity. Quinn refuses to let her mind go there. "I'm still pretending that's not the case, but it is the reality," she says. "I've heard that a romantic scene may be coming up."

Castle's nest won't be empty for long. An episode set to air around Christmas will find Castle and Beckett (Stana Katic) taking in the orphaned baby of a murder victim. "It will be interesting to see Beckett and Castle exploring how they would parent a child," says Katic. "It's going to be so sweet!"

image.jpg

They are not "moonlighting" but all this baby stuff is definitely "jumping the shark" as so many of my fav shows that I watched die, added babies to the mix. No offense to parents, who have their hands full of their own kids and look to Castle as an escape.

4castle-4.jpg            Stanatic Caskett Shipper who actually saw Firefly & Castle episodes when they originally aired.

c. taken by me March 2000, Barnegat Inlet & Barnegat Lighthouse from IBSP NJ. Fox is NOT photo shopped.

October 16, 2013
11:07 pm
Alie
San Diego
Hard Core Castle Groupie
Forum Posts: 5118
Icon by me
October 17, 2013
1:23 pm
catluver aka Donna
Hard Core Castle Groupie
Forum Posts: 2269

StrongerThantheStorm said

oznute said

by William Keck

Castle's nest won't be empty for long. An episode set to air around Christmas will find Castle and Beckett (Stana Katic) taking in the orphaned baby of a murder victim. "It will be interesting to see Beckett and Castle exploring how they would parent a child," says Katic. "It's going to be so sweet!"

image.jpg

They are not "moonlighting" but all this baby stuff is definitely "jumping the shark" as so many of my fav shows that I watched die, added babies to the mix. No offense to parents, who have their hands full of their own kids and look to Castle as an escape.

I don't see it this way. I just think it is something need to talk about before getting married. Doesn't mean they will have any kids any time soon but have know couples that did not talk about it before, just assuming they thought they knew what the other wanted. Caused big trouble, even divorce afterward. 

Could also give us some sweet or funny scenes. 

"The last thing you want is to look back on your life and wonder, if only"None-were-You-1.jpg

October 17, 2013
1:28 pm
catluver aka Donna
Hard Core Castle Groupie
Forum Posts: 2269

I am also wondering why Castle looks so happy in some of those pictures if he is not pleased with the arrangement. I wonder if maybe Alexis moves into the apt and then when Castle gets there , "Surprise, Surprise, guess who else is living here!!" I would not like to think he paid for this apt if he did not approve of Pi living there with her. I know it is accepted in most of society today but think she is really too young to be experimenting with living together. She barely knows him ( and we sure don't)

"The last thing you want is to look back on your life and wonder, if only"None-were-You-1.jpg

October 17, 2013
3:00 pm
StrongerThantheStorm
Jersey Shore
Hard Core Castle Groupie

catluver aka Donna said

StrongerThantheStorm said

oznute said

by William Keck

image.jpg

I don't see it this way. I just think it is something need to talk about before getting married. Doesn't mean they will have any kids any time soon but have know couples that did not talk about it before, just assuming they thought they knew what the other wanted. Caused big trouble, even divorce afterward. 

Could also give us some sweet or funny scenes. 

Why not just replace Kate with an Angelina Jolie, Gosselin 8, or an octomom character. Ryan's baby, the orphan and discussion/actuality of Caskett offspring changes the whole dynamic of the show. Shows, usually sit-coms, that start with a baby in the cast usually have some shelf life. Shows that throw babies at the storyline beyond season 3 seem like a cry for help. Have you seen any babies in NCIS, up to and including season 11. Granted NCIS is more of a drama with DiNozzo comedy sprinkled in. But, a show becomming baby-centric in it's advanced seasons is a dangerous road to travel. All that being said, seeing Beckett in nurturing mode, would not be a negative as long as it does not become the overriding theme of Castle.

October 17, 2013
3:12 pm
JuanitaJones46
Hard Core Castle Groupie
Forum Posts: 52

not sure why it bothers me that Kate is not in these shots.

One of the perils of dating a gift ninja - Reality Star Struck

October 17, 2013
6:28 pm
StrongerThantheStorm
Jersey Shore
Hard Core Castle Groupie

JuanitaJones46 said
not sure why it bothers me that Kate is not in these shots.

I'm glad Beckett is not involved in this segment. In the past, Alexis sought out Beckett when Alexis couldn't/didn't want to confide in Castle. Alexis got a short and longer internship, either directly or through the good graces of Beckett. For Alexis to resent Becket now, is incomprehensible and stupid. Alexis has not shown sustained bouts of stupidity, nor have the writers. Others have said Beckett would resent Castle if he tried to sway Beckett from DC. How would Beckett intervening/coming into this issue with Alexis not put Beckett in the same position, or even at permanent/long term odds with Alexis. My sore spot is Molly saying Alexis might try to disrupt the B/C relationship and the wedding. Beckett nor her Dad deserve such irreverance from the privileged child. Beckett has more justification for PTSD than Alexis, though both are valid.

October 19, 2013
12:51 am
oznute
Hard Core Castle Groupie

I've been thinking about the whole Alexis moving in with Pi thing.

Basically, Alexis suffers from affluenza. She has always had pretty much everything she's wanted in life and until this Pi arc, has come across as well-adjusted with both feet on the ground (the grown-up in the household).

Now, for some reason or another, she's what could be described as playing up. Logically thinking, it's must have something to do with the whole Rick and Kate are engaged thing but we can't be sure. The things she has done 'out-of-character' include:

- Coming back from Costa Rica a week early with no warning to her Dad or Grandmother – why would she have been allowed to do that on a Columbia U sponsored trip? Will we find out why?

- Bringing back Pi. Inviting him to stay in the Loft without prior warning, or more importantly, prior approval from her Dad or, in the least, Martha. He is so opposite to Ashley as well. Where did he come from and what does she see in him?

- Using what I would describe as 'attitude' in conversations with her father about Pi and other talks from the very first introduction. The comment about 'did we wake you?' with the blender. The old Alexis would have probably said something more along the lines of "Oh, sorry Dad, I didn't mean to wake you!" Also, the tone of voice to Kate when Gates was calling her Dad. The only talk we have heard with her and Dad that was not 'with attitude' was his carefully phrased good-by in Dreamworld.

So, she's back a week early, Rick comes in soon after and then he's off again to DC. He comes home the next day and is taken away again. The next she sees him he's in the hospital and the first thing that Martha does after he wakes up is take her away to leave Rick with Kate. They got engaged before she went to CR and it would be very out of character for Rick to not tell her soon after-the-fact. I could see her nose being terribly out of joint! Is this all the reason?

Now she's moving in with Pi. Is she paying? Is he paying? Is Rick footing all the bills? Is Pi contributing anything? Who is going to clean up after Pi? Will the cleaner from The Loft come in to clean? This could be the deal breaker. Alexis is not a slob, Pi is. When she has to deal with him on her own, will love conquer all?

It will be interesting to see how this episode plays out as

Episode 607 has her working with a professor from Columbia so we know she's back in school!

October 19, 2013
9:14 am
Bethinho
Hard Core Castle Groupie
Forum Posts: 527

oznute said
I've been thinking about the whole Alexis moving in with Pi thing.

Basically, Alexis suffers from affluenza. She has always had pretty much everything she's wanted in life and until this Pi arc, has come across as well-adjusted with both feet on the ground (the grown-up in the household).

Now, for some reason or another, she's what could be described as playing up. Logically thinking, it's must have something to do with the whole Rick and Kate are engaged thing but we can't be sure. The things she has done 'out-of-character' include:

– Coming back from Costa Rica a week early with no warning to her Dad or Grandmother – why would she have been allowed to do that on a Columbia U sponsored trip? Will we find out why?

– Bringing back Pi. Inviting him to stay in the Loft without prior warning, or more importantly, prior approval from her Dad or, in the least, Martha. He is so opposite to Ashley as well. Where did he come from and what does she see in him?

– Using what I would describe as 'attitude' in conversations with her father about Pi and other talks from the very first introduction. The comment about 'did we wake you?' with the blender. The old Alexis would have probably said something more along the lines of "Oh, sorry Dad, I didn't mean to wake you!" Also, the tone of voice to Kate when Gates was calling her Dad. The only talk we have heard with her and Dad that was not 'with attitude' was his carefully phrased good-by in Dreamworld.

So, she's back a week early, Rick comes in soon after and then he's off again to DC. He comes home the next day and is taken away again. The next she sees him he's in the hospital and the first thing that Martha does after he wakes up is take her away to leave Rick with Kate. They got engaged before she went to CR and it would be very out of character for Rick to not tell her soon after-the-fact. I could see her nose being terribly out of joint! Is this all the reason?

Now she's moving in with Pi. Is she paying? Is he paying? Is Rick footing all the bills? Is Pi contributing anything? Who is going to clean up after Pi? Will the cleaner from The Loft come in to clean? This could be the deal breaker. Alexis is not a slob, Pi is. When she has to deal with him on her own, will love conquer all?

It will be interesting to see how this episode plays out as

Episode 607 has her working with a professor from Columbia so we know she's back in school!

and in that episode Alexis asks her father to help her,and Beckett will do it also,so it will be a good chance to see the three working as a team.

“Everything I’ve ever done… every choice I’ve ever made… every terrible and wonderful thing that’s ever happened to me -- it’s all led me to right here, in this moment, with you.”

October 21, 2013
11:27 pm
IfOnly
Texas
Hard Core Castle Groupie
Forum Posts: 736

U.S. Promo

feature=youtu.be

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr187/982154/Castle/CastleS5K-RelevatorgrabSmall.jpg
October 21, 2013
11:30 pm
Alie
San Diego
Hard Core Castle Groupie
Forum Posts: 5118

IfOnly said

U.S. Promo

feature=youtu.be

I think I'm going to like this ep. I was a big fan of "The Da Vinci Cope" and I think Castle will be in his element….again
I'm kinda over the Alexis arc so I hope those scenes are limited.

Icon by me
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 587

Currently Online: sonnenschein77, rergertstef, yeskyotis, francebuddy
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming CastleATL, Katya, highwayman57, Ilovecastlenz, Eastoffenchurch

Top Posters:

He-Touches-Things: 9740

Shena: 9729

FillKat: 9636

Nicky: 9612

Syzygy: 7742

sonnenschein77: 6612

mutha_nite: 6000

Alie: 5118

TracyLee55: 4686

dmcw: 3792

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 793

Members: 13135

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 116

Topics: 4735

Newest Members: poppa7563, clowny47, Demo, JLPomy2014, DeepFriedTwinkie, Dee Edge, carolinayepez10, lizzie2472, meowmix, mrsbcaraway

Moderators: Admin (6463), Trinxy (1205), PenguinOfTroy (367), fooxoo (193), nextscripts (0)

Administrators: Admin (6463)