Life-Saving Count - Keeping Score: Castle 9 / Becket 8 Forums
November 3, 2011
I am hoping that this topic has already been discussed (if so, my apologies) but I was just not able to find it anywhere. Alas, it has driven me to finally register (after almost a year of just reading the great posts!) so I can ask this question….
According to Castle at the end of episode 4:7, Beckett has saved Castle’s life 8 times and Castle has saved Beckett’s life 9 times. Castle identified one of the occasions (Champagne bottle distraction in "Always Buy Retail" Ep 1:6). In what episodes did the rest of the 17 life-saving events happen?? Here is my "scorecard" so far:
Castle Saves Beckett
- "Always Buy Retail" Ep 1:6
- "Boom!" Ep 2:18 (Warning before explosion)
- "Boom!" Ep 2:18 ("I was aiming for his head!")
- "A Deadly Affair" Ep 3:1 (Saved each other!)
- "Under the Gun" Ep 3:3
- "Knockdown" Ep 3:13
- "Countdown" Ep 3:17
- "Knockout" Ep 3:24
Beckett Saves Castle
- "Flowers For Your Grave" Ep 1:1
- "Home is Where the Heart Stops" Ep 1:7
- "Deep in Death" Ep 2:1
- "Sucker Punch" Ep 2:13
- "The Third Man" Ep 2:14 (Maybe??)
- "A Deadly Affair" Ep 3:1 (Saved each other!)
- "Cops and Robbers" 4:7
As you can tell, I am missing (at least)one in each list. Perhaps something should not be counted as a "save". I would love to hear which ones you think Castle was counting!
April 3, 2010
I had posted this list in the 4.07 Post Episode Discussion thread:
Here's my list:
Rick saves Kate:
1. Rick distracts The Butcher of Benin, in Always Buy Retail (1.06)
2. Warns her that ‘Ben Conrad’ is still alive, in Tick, Tick, Tick (2.17)
3. Shoots the gun out of the hand of Scott Dunn, in Boom! (2.18)
4. Rick tackles Kate to avoid gunman, in Deadly Affair (3.01)
5. Wounds gunman behind Beckett, in Deadly Affair (3.01)
6. Rick interrupts Mexican Standoff, in Under the Gun (3.03)
7. Rick jumps Hal Lockwood, in Knockdown (3.13)
8. Pulls the wires out of the bomb, in Countdown (3.17)
9. Rick carries Kate from hangar when Lockwood arrives, in Knockout (3.24)
Kate saves Rick:
1. Kate stops fight w/ armed burglar, in Home is Where the Heart Stops (1.07)
2. Kate extracts Rick from the card game w/ Russian, in Deep in Death (2.01)
3. Kate kills Dick Coonan, in Sucker Punch (2.13)
4. Wounds gunman behind Rick, in Deadly Affair (3.01)
8. (Rick gives her credit for this)
These are on-screen events where we have seen either Rick or Kate take the initiative to save the other when in real risk.
March 8, 2010
April 3, 2010
April 3, 2010
May 22, 2011
March 25, 2010
once Admin gets the Wiki back up and running there is a page there that obviously needs to be updated (and I know just the guy to do it). I was able to access a "cached page" and I post it here for your viewing pleasure….
Death Defying Moments
- Flowers for Your Grave - Castle chases Harrison Tisdale down an alley. Castle gets captured and Beckett comes to the rescue, but Castle hits the guy, grabbing the gun and freeing himself. (Castle: "Did you see that!" Beckett: "You could have gotten yourself killed!" Castle: "The safety was on" Beckett: "You could have told me" Castle: Where's the fun in that")
- Always Buy Retail – Castle knocked Beckett out of the way of a bullet. (and the both participated in taking down the bad guy)
- Home is Where the Heart Stops – Beckett steps on the bad guy's wrist while he's reaching for a gun ("Go ahead, I need the practice!") saving Castle
- Deep in Death – Beckett saves Castle from being shot by the "Tattooed Russian" (Castle to Beckett: "Is it just my imagination or did you change")
- Vampire Weekend - Ryan and Esposito pull Morlock off of Castle, under the direction of Beckett
- Sucker Punch – Beckett shoots Dick Coonan, saving Castle
- Tick, Tick, Tick. – (Part 1) – Castle calls a showering Beckett warning her that Ben Conrad was NOT the killer, giving Beckett time to escape back into the bath tub before her apartment blows up
- Boom – (Part 2) – Castle frees Agent Shaw and then shoots the gun pointed at Beckett out of Scott Dunn's hand ("I was aiming for his head")
- Wrapped Up In Death – Castle gets chased out of a building and up onto a car by a dog, ??? does Beckett "save" him??? Or Ryan or Esposito??? Or does this even count??!!
- Den of Thieves - Esposito gets caught with his former parter, Ike Thorton breaking in to Racine's vault by the bad cop Stan Holliwell. Holliwell shoots Thorton and intended to kill Esposito. Esposito gets Ike's gun and shoots Holliwell.
- Esposito actually keeps Ryan (Annie Oakley) from shooting Castle, but Beckett and Ryan and Esposito all had their guns out and aimed at him … twice.
- Castle knocks Beckett out of the way of Earl shooting at her
- At the beginning (or was it the end) of the episode Castle and Beckett have their guns aimed "at each other" but are actually aiming at the bad guy/gal behind the other person.
- Under the Gun – everyone except Castle has a gun, so is he "saved" by anyone? Or does he save them by throwing dirt a the bad guy/gal
- 3XK – Beckett "rescues" Castle and Ryan from the hotel room after the killer has left
- Murder Most Fowl – Castle determines that the kidnapper is in a room and where he is, shuts down the lights so Beckett can go in and shoot the bad guy. (saving the boys life and his fathers life)
- Beckett "saves" them both after Ragland is shot, but since the killer is a hit man and Castle and Beckett were not his targets, they were both safe, even though they didn't know it at the time.
- Castle and Beckett kiss their way into the location where Ryan (mostly) and Esposito are being tortured by Hal Lockwood
- Castle "jumps" Hal Lockwood before he can get a killing shot off at Beckett. Castle proceeds to beat the stuffing out of him.
- Setup – does the shootout in the warehouse and jumping into the freezer container count? If so, Beckett saves both herself and Castle.
- Ryan and Esposito find Castle and Beckett trapped in the freezer container. Josh gets some credit here too.
- Castle pulls the wires of the bomb thereby disabling the bomb (saving himself and Beckett and half of NYC)
- Ryan and Esposito find Violet Young on the streets of NYC and Donald Mannis has arrived to kill Violet. Mannis's phone rings as he begins to shoot at the three of them, they duck to safety and Esposito shoots Mannis. Esposito answers Mannis's phone and it's Beckett on the other end.
- Beckett chases Ganz on the Stana Monica Pier and shoots him and looks like she just might kill him where he lays
- Captain Montgomery orders Castle to get Beckett out of the hangar (Captain Montgomery dies in the ensuing shootout; killing three thugs and Hal Lockwood)
- Castle pins Beckett against the car, preventing her from returning to the shootout in the hangar
- Castle spots the sniper – too late, Beckett is shot before he knocks her to the ground
- And then there is season four which has not been added to the list yet. And yes there are items on this list that can we can quibble over.
November 3, 2011
Thank you all for helping to fill in the gaps. Now I think that the actual counts may be higher for both of them!
It does bring to light an interesting fact about achievements - Only the person doing the counting knows the criteria that was used in the count. In this case, that person is the writer - Terrence Paul Winter. So unless his list is available for review, we have the enjoyment of imagining what in the world he was thinking!
Maybe this is a question for Andrew or Terrence…. What was counted and what wasn't?
September 27, 2011
Maybe the writer was simply making those numbers up. The discussion what counts as "live-saving" and what doesn't could go on and on forever. I think he wrote the "I saved your life more often than you did"-scene to give Castle and Beckett the chance to tease each other and to give the episode a funny ending. And to sit back and enjoy the discussion among fans
January 5, 2010
March 1, 2010
that was my list, as for june, 21
(by "saving a life" I mean neutralize a direct threat, not a casual gunfight)
1. Obviously in Knockdown, at the end, avoiding a second shot
2. In Countdown, defusing the bomb
3. In Countdown, making her warm in the freezer
4. In Knockout, jumping on Lockwood at the end
5. A Deadly Affair, jumping on her near the end and then
6. In A Deadly Affair again, shooting at the man behind her
1. Obviously in Tick, calling her before the bomb explodes and
2. In Boom, shooting at the killer
1. In Always Buy Retail, jumping on Beckett in the kitchen
And Beckett saving Castle's life?
1. In Knockdown, jumping on him when Lockwood escapes
2. In Knockout, making him warm in the freezer
3. A Deadly Affair, shooting the woman behind him
1. In Sucker Punch, killing Coonan
Can't find anything in Season 1.
April 6, 2010
Most Users Ever Online: 587
Currently Online: He-Touches-Things, ApparitionAmerican, lrasuellotil, texas69, rosie4paws, jatg
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 793
Newest Members: gooroo2571, chicagogirl, poppa7563, clowny47, Demo, JLPomy2014, DeepFriedTwinkie, Dee Edge, carolinayepez10, lizzie2472
Moderators: Admin (6463), Trinxy (1206), PenguinOfTroy (367), fooxoo (193), nextscripts (0)
Administrators: Admin (6463)