Stana Katic on “The Chew” & GMA

Stana Katic Paley 2013Castle’s Stana Katic will appear on ABC show “Good Morning America” on Monday October 7th and  “The Chew” on Tuesday October 8th.

Tickets to the taping “The Chew” are only available for November so fans won’t be able to attend but be sure to tune in on Tuesday at 1pm Eastern (12pm Central, 12pm Pacific) on ABC.

More Details: abc.go.com/shows/the-chew

Comments

1. rosie4paws says:

It is on at noon here in Portland. Might actually have to watch it for the first time.

2. musiclover says:

Cant wait… (I wont get to see Stana on the chew till wednesday because it airs episode a day behind)

3. I already set my tivo nice to her on talk shows.   I can’t believe how the photographers were yelling to get pics at both paley  an cbgb.    She stole the show.

4. Setting my DVR as we speak. Stana is the greatest and I love her!

5. Hope the GMA personnel involved in Ms. Katic’s interview preps a little this time. The GMA interview for CASTLE’s 100th episode was pitiful! HOW can an anchor on the network that owns the show not know the storyline for the main characters especially when he is interviewing one of the stars for a major milestone of the series?
    How many shows does ABC have which are currently on air with 100+ episodes filmed?

As a fan of CASTLE, I was offended and would rather there have not been an interview for the 100th episode than to see the shabby treatment Stana Katic dealt with as a representative for the show during that interview. Ms. Katic being the polite lady she is, while obviously surprised at his error/lack of prep for the interview, just informed the interviewer of the status of “Caskett” when he asked her if Castle and Beckett would get together this year (almost a year after they had).

Maybe the upcoming interview will be a good one. I’ll record it just in case but won’t bother to watch GMA except for the interview segment because GMA has really lost a great deal of its professionalism since Charlie and Diane moved on. CASTLE has grown its audience every year… how has GMA been doing?

6. TracyLee55 says:

Man I took the day off, do due some stuff, and now I am really glad! bounce

Thanks for heads up Admin. thumbsup

7. Writer-Of-Wrongs says:

It looks like “The Chew” also has full episodes of aired shows available online on their site:

That’s good, I’ll be able to catch it later – I won’t be able to see it when it’s on during the day.

8. Do not like the new series setting and/or the new cast. Additions. Esposito, Ryan and Lanie are a big part of the ensemble and they have been sadly missing in the new season.

9. rosie4paws says:

Lynn Padgett said

Actually GMA has been doing well. But I do agree with your comments above. That was a very poor interview. I tend to watch the CBS show now as Charlie does the most intelligent interviews.

10. Setting my PVR now. I always love Stana in interviews. Looking forward to both.

11. Sylphadora says:

Of course she stole the show, Dmm. Stana is a very rare combination of talented, friendly and gorgeous :D I wish her all the best!!

12. This is my first reply to anything on  this website although I have been following it for over a year. I thought ABC was very rude to Stana Katic when she appeared on GMA 4/1/13 & let them know about it. Have not watched the show since. Will watch this Monday & hopefully they will be polite to her & have someone do the interview that knows about Castle & GBDB the movie. I have let ABC know how I feel but that I think that’s  a lost cause. They are more interested in promoting their slutty shows than ones with great writing & acting.

c

13. mutha_nite says:

I’m watching, just because it’s fun to see Stana handle the interviewers, no matter how ill-prepared and rude they are. One of these days, someone will match her intelligence, wit, and grace and it will be an interview for the ages… until then, it’s light entertainment with morning coffee. Thank you, Stana. Much appreciated.

14. catluver aka Donna says:

Stana in NYC. Hope she  has some fun too. Is she also going to be there for the premiere of CGBG?

Photo: Stana in NYC today. She looks like she
  15. Someone To Stand With You says:

catluver aka Donna said

Photo: Stana in NYC today. She looks like she

Is it just me, or does that look a lot like Natalie Rhode’s “famous person disguise”? Hehehe…

16. Someone To Stand With You said

Is it just me that it makes me kind of uncomfortable because she’s in disguise?
    Apparently she just wanted to see a show and not be recognized.

17. Writer-Of-Wrongs says:

Had some time and caught it (GMA) this morning – and was a little disappointed.

Not with Stana (charming, gracious and funny as she is in all her appearances) or her host, but they only had her on for about 2~3 minutes (maybe). Just long enought to ask her a question or two about her character on Castle, show a Castle clip (looked like from tonight’s episode 6×03) and mention her upcoming movie CBGB and ask a question or two about that (and show a short CBGB clip).

I always think any of the stars from the west coast go through so much effort to travel cross country to be on these types of shows, they should at least give them a little screen time.

At least when she was out on GMA for the 100th episode show, they had her on Kelly & Michael right after which makes it a little more worthwhile to travel all that way.

Well, I don’t know where they film “The Chew”, so if she’s on that also in NY, I guess it’s worth it.

18. catluver aka Donna says:

19. musiclover says:

Im hoping The Chew treats her better as an interviewee. You would think as facinated with actors/actresses as gma is they would give her more airtime, im still gonna watch Stana live but yeah shame on you GMA.

20. With transcript:

21. sonnenschein77 says:

yazz said

Someone To Stand With You said

Is it just me that it makes me kind of uncomfortable because she’s in disguise?
    Apparently she just wanted to see a show and not be recognized.

That. (Already posted my opinion about that in K this morning…)

It´s not just you, yazz.

22. mutha_nite says:

What did we really expect? We got to see a clip, Stana got to promote her television show and her movie and … and…
    well, Jack Hannah was there to celebrate his 30th year of bringing animals to GMA ???? He didn’t get much more time, but he did get cake. So, for Stana and the rest of us,  photo cakesmileyf.gif

23. rosie4paws says:

It just reminded me of what a waste of time GMA and Today are. But because they had Stana on they had me watching them for 2 hours.

24. Stana looks awesome… as always. grin

Too bad the interviewer didn’t allow Stana to say much of anything. brickwall

25. rosie4paws said

I just wait for the clip to appear on youtube later that day.  ;)

26. Writer-Of-Wrongs says:

rosie4paws said

Yeah, they snagged me like that for the GMA where they were celebrating the 100th episode. This time I got smart and tuned in around 8:20 figuring they’d have her on around 8:30.

Or, like was mentioned, just wait for YouTube.

And I agree, I’d rather see any of the cast on these shows promoting Castle and their other projects than not see them. So if all we got was 2 minutes – so be it.

27. musiclover says:

rosie4paws said

She was on Today (the show?)

28. rosie4paws says:

Good Morning America (ABC).

Tomorrow on The Chew – also on ABC.

29. Glenda Shearman says:

Today, Tues. Oct.8, I took off work an hour early to watch Stana live on The Chew. Arriving home in the nick of time to turn the tv on only to discover that they were airing the same episode as the day before, not the one I was wanting to see. So disappointed! What The Heck, ABC?

30. Stana is beyond adorable! love

31. musiclover says:

I liked the chew interview better than gma

32. mutha_nite says:

musiclover said

I liked the chew interview better than gma

I thought Carla did a fantastic job of steering the interview, making her guest feel at ease, and throwing together a great little chicken soup. I’ve loved that girl since her appearance on that cooking competition show she placed third on (Season 4). She was prepared, interested and intelligent. Finally! someone who can rise to Stana’s level in an interview and make it not a waste of time.

33. 1-and-done says:

She really sings just for herself and only in private faint? What a loss cry! But that makes me love her a little bit more love!

34. A newbie here but have been following Castle since Season 1.  Didn’t Stana sing (as a French singer) when she starred in The Librarian with Noah Wyle?  That was her real voice, right?

35. mutha_nite says:

kbex12th said

Yup… [spoiler]a 400 year-old French singer.[/spoiler]

36. musiclover says:

Glenda Shearman said

Yeah that happened in my area too. Its up on youtube.

37. mutha_nite says:

musiclover said

Glenda Shearman said

Yeah that happened in my area too. Its up on youtube.

Blame your local affiliate… call them and let them know you are disappointed. They may have a good reason(?) for not airing the ABC feed. At least at the local level, you have a better chance of getting a straight answer.